Is There Potential for a Joint HTA in Europe? An Evaluation of EUnetHTA Joint Clinical Assessments vs. National Appraisals in Oncology
Europe is striving towards greater cooperation in Health Technology Assessment (HTA). Opportunities exist to create synergies through mutual information sharing among member states to support national HTAs. Although there is increasing focus on the uptake of EUnetHTA joint clinical assessments, challenges need to be identified and addressed, before current efforts can translate into seamless and efficient HTA harmonization in Europe. Three key areas for greater collaboration include joint scientific consultation or “early dialogue”, harmonized horizon scanning and joint clinical assessments (JCAs).
Date and Time: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 15:30 CET
During this webinar, we will present an overview of current trends and a qualitative comparison of the methodologies used in the JCA (within the JA3 framework) and the appraisals performed by the national HTA bodies (NICE, G-BA and HAS) in oncology.
- Rosemary Jose, PhD, Director, Strategic Market Access
- Amrita Ostawal, MSc, Associate Director, Strategic Market Access
- Kristina Hartl, MA, Senior Research Analyst, Strategic Market Access
- Emanuele Arca, MSc, Research Analyst, Strategic Market Access
By participating in the webinar, you will be able to:
- Deep-dive into EUnetHTA JA3 assessments and their evolution over time
- Draw a comparison between JCAs and appraisals performed by the national HTA bodies (NICE, G-BA and HAS) in oncology
- Gain a real-world update of the ongoing discussions around JCAs
- Discern the potential for a joint HTA in Europe, in terms of opportunities and challenges