Pharmerit International (www.pharmerit.com) is a leading global health care research consultancy with offices in Bethesda (U.S.), Boston (U.S.), Rotterdam (The Netherlands), York (UK), Berlin (Germany) and Shanghai (China). We conduct health economic and outcomes research and strategic market access to inform decision makers involved in the delivery and financing of health care.
Pharmerit enjoys a collegial and collaborative culture focused on delivering exceptional results. This is reflected in our commitment to individual responsibility and professional development in a dynamic, global organization. Our open working environment encourages peer-learning and knowledge sharing to further enhance the skills and expertise of all our team members.
Pharmerit International is in an exciting period of strategic growth and evolution expanding our international reach and delivering exceptional HEOR and Market Access services to our clients. As an integral part of our global development we are seeking an entrepreneurial consulting professional to be a primary resource for our Asia Pacific (AP) efforts. The China based (Shanghai) Scientist/Research Consultant will report to the AP regional lead and work closely with senior colleagues and researchers across the company. This role will expand and strengthen our core business offerings in the China market. The ideal candidate desires to continue a strong career in HEOR consulting in a position where individual efforts will directly impact the growth of the organization. Exceptional research skills, individual initiative and independence to thrive in a virtual team environment paired with stellar communication, superior project and account management expertise and the ability to pivot from strategic to tactical responsibilities are key competencies for the successful candidate. This role may be at the Senior Scientist/Senior Research Consultant based on experience.
Major responsibilities may include:
- Develop study protocols and analysis plans
- Develop health economic models
- Create and/or review/approve project deliverables or other assignments
- Manage work and/or project teams
- Respond to proposals and business development opportunities
- Communicate and align closely with other country offices and the AP regional lead including regular, conclusive and timely reporting
- Assist in managing operations of the China office
- 2+ years’ experience in hands-on HEOR studies with a consulting or pharmaceutical company preferred
- Intellectual curiosity and independence to include the ability to self-start and self-teach
- Master’s Degree or PhD in relevant field (e.g., Pharmacy, Medicine, Epidemiology/ Pharmacoepidemiology, Statistics/ Biostatistics, Econometrics)
- Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Excel proficiency; Proficiency in SAS (including SAS/STAT and SAS/MACRO) is preferred
- Strong analytical, writing, and organizational skills to include the ability to prepare and present relevant summaries of complex materials
- Experience identifying potential sources of bias/error within data and knowledge of methods to statistically adjust as needed is highly preferred
- Experience in developing or adapting models to inform market access decisions
- Ability to forge and effectively manage relationships within Pharmerit and with external stakeholders
- Special consideration will be given to the candidates with experience in analyzing real-world data and/or clinical trial data from an HEOR perspective (i.e., resource use, costing, PROs), primary data collection, and economic modeling
- Proactive, responsive and able to balance shifting priorities and ensuring that promises are kept and expectations are exceeded
- Chinese and English language proficiency in written and verbal communication is required
What we offer
Working at Pharmerit means working in a dynamic, international environment with a diverse and enthusiastic multidisciplinary team. We offer a competitive salary and total reward package. As a researcher at Pharmerit, you will have the opportunity to develop and make a tangible difference in the growth of the organization. We place importance on flexibility, freedom of thought and responsibilities to ourselves, our colleagues and our clients.
To apply please send cover letter and current CV to email@example.com