Due to the continued growth of our consulting practice, Pharmerit International is seeking a Senior Research Analyst/Scientist to join our team of exceptional researchers. Working within our Modeling and Meta-Analysis Center of Excellence, the ideal candidate brings expertise in cost-effectiveness and budget impact models and meta-analysis. In this role you will be responsible for a wide range of scientific research activities including developing study protocols and model conceptualization, development and programming. You will also be involved in a variety of project management tasks including tracking budget/expenses and managing timelines, workflow and deliverables.
The ideal candidate has a strong ability to synthesize and analyze data from diverse sources using innovative and creative approaches, solid communication and interpersonal skills, and a keen interest in health outcomes and/or economic research.
Major responsibilities may include:
- Design and construct economic models and programming (budget impact, Markov, partition-survival, discrete event simulations)
- Conduct traditional and Bayesian meta-analysis methodologies
- Prepare written deliverables including study concept/plan documents, related analyses, and technical reports on time and on budget
- Respond to RFPs/proposals or business development opportunities
- 3+ years’ experience in economic modeling and/or meta-analysis with a consulting company or pharmaceutical company preferred or doctoral equivalent
- Master’s Degree or PhD in relevant Science, Engineering, Epidemiology, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Public Health or Medical Field is required
- Design and implementation of cost-effectiveness, budget impact analyses, meta-analysis, or other mathematical modeling
- Experience with programming languages (VBA, R, C++, Java, WinBUGS)
- Prior experience in working with writing proposals, responding to RFPs and managing project teams
- Strong analytical and organizational skills to include the ability to prepare and present relevant summaries of complex materials
- Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to present complex information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to forge and effectively manage relationships within Pharmerit and with external stakeholders
- Superior communication skills and the ability to question the status quo
- Proactive, responsive, and able to balance shifting priorities and ensuring that promises are kept and expectations are exceeded
- Foreign language proficiency is a plus
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Pharmerit International (Pharmerit) is a leading health care research consultancy with offices in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), York (UK), Oxford (UK), Berlin (Germany), Bethesda (US), Boston (US), New York (US), Shanghai (China), and Mumbai (India). Across our Centers of Excellence—SMA, Modelling and Meta-Analysis, Patient Centered Outcomes, and Real-World Evidence/Data Analytics—we provide services to local, national, and international decision makers involved in the delivery and financing of health care.
Pharmerit International is in an exciting period of strategic growth and evolution, expanding our international reach by merging with the OPEN Health Group (www.openhealthgroup.com). The combined entity will have approximately 700 people, 15 offices, and representation across 3 continents. The consolidation of publications, medical communications, HEOR, real-world evidence, and market access creates a unique entity equipped to be a leading global HEOR and medical affairs consultancy. Read the press release
What we offer:
Working at Pharmerit means working in a dynamic, international environment with a diverse and enthusiastic multidisciplinary team. We offer a competitive salary and total reward package. As a researcher at Pharmerit, you will have the opportunity to develop and make a tangible difference in the growth of the organization. We place importance on flexibility, freedom of thought and responsibilities to ourselves, our colleagues and our clients.
Pharmerit International is a leading global health care research consultancy with offices in Bethesda, Boston, Rotterdam (The Netherlands), York & Oxford (UK), Berlin, Mumbai (India) and Shanghai (China). We conduct health economic and outcomes research and strategic market access to inform decision makers involved in the delivery and financing of health care.
Pharmerit enjoys a collegial and collaborative culture focused on delivering exceptional results. This is reflected in our commitment to individual responsibility and professional development in a dynamic, global organization. Our open working environment encourages peer-learning and knowledge sharing to further enhance the skills and expertise of all our team members.
Please apply to CareersUS@pharmerit.com with a current resume and cover letter and Scientist/MMA in the subject line. Pharmerit provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.