Due to our continued growth, Pharmerit International is seeking an HEOR research professional for a Research Assistant or Research Analyst position in our Bethesda or Boston locations. The successful candidate will assist in a variety of entry-level scientific research support and administrative activities for our Patient Centered Outcomes (PCO) Center of Excellence. Working collaboratively with our team of multi-disciplinary researchers on projects that support the integration of patient preferences and expectations into the development and evaluation of therapeutics, the successful candidate will have responsibility for a wide range of scientific research activities. These may include assistance in developing and performing targeted or systematic reviews of medical literature (most frequently focusing on PCO endpoints), qualitative interviewing, coding and analysis, and research project management under the guidance of a project director. In addition, you may assist in the development of study documents such as study proposals, protocols, interview guides, reports, and study slides.
The ideal candidate has a strong interest in PCO and research, an attention to detail, solid communication and interpersonal skills and is focused on progressive career growth in a consulting environment.
- Undertake structured literature reviews to identify clinical outcomes assessments used in a disease state
- Undertake qualitative interviews including concept elicitation and cognitive debriefing in support of clinical outcomes assessment instrument development. Note this may require travel
- Use qualitative data management software to code and categorize key themes captured within qualitative interview transcripts
- Draft and participate in quality control of specific sections of project deliverables or other assignments including study proposals, protocols, interview guides, reports, and study slides
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, public health, pharmaceutical, or medical field or relevant area of study
- Master’s Degree in any relevant science, public health or pharmacy/medical field highly preferred. Exposure to qualitative coursework; a plus.
- Ability to travel nationwide
- Able to forge and effectively manage relationships within Pharmerit and with external stakeholders
- Solid communication ability both verbally and in writing
- Able to learn quickly
- Proactive, responsive and able to balance shifting priorities
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access)
Pharmerit International (Pharmerit) is a leading health care research consultancy with offices in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), York (UK), Oxford (UK), Berlin (Germany), Bethesda (US), Boston (US), New York (US), Shanghai (China), and Mumbai (India). Across our Centers of Excellence—Strategic Market Access, Modelling and Meta-Analysis, Patient Centered Outcomes, and Real-World Evidence/Data Analytics—we provide services to local, national, and international decision makers involved in the delivery and financing of health care.
Pharmerit International is in an exciting period of strategic growth and evolution, expanding our international reach bymerging with the OPEN Health Group (www.openhealthgroup.com). The combined entity will have approximately 700 people, 15 offices, and representation across 3 continents. The consolidation of publications, medical communications, HEOR, real-world evidence, and market access creates a unique entity equipped to be a leading global HEOR and medical affairs consultancy. Read the press release
Pharmerit enjoys a collegial and collaborative culture focused on delivering exceptional results. This is reflected in our commitment to individual responsibility and professional development in a dynamic, global organization. Our open working environment encourages peer learning and knowledge sharing to further enhance the skills and expertise of all our team members.
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to CareersUS@pharmerit.com with Research Assistant PCO or Research Analyst PCO in the subject line. Pharmerit provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran or marital status.