Are you seeking an environment where questions are encouraged, individual talents are recognized, and accounting fundamentals directly impact the growth of our company? Are you enthusiastic about starting as an Accounting Assistant with growth opportunities?
We invite you to explore Pharmerit International!
We are seeking an exceptional Accounting Assistant to maintain financial records, prepare reports and assist in ongoing accounting reporting/procedures as directed. The successful candidate will also maintain accounting software programs to process business transactions, such as accounts receivables and employee disbursements. The ideal candidate will work closely under the guidance of the US Senior Finance Manager and CFO to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the accounting/finance functions.This newly created role is based in our Bethesda, Maryland location.
- Providing support to the Finance Department during month-end close
- Performing basic office tasks, such as article retrievals, filing, data entry, inventory, processing the mail, shipping, lunch/snack orders, etc.
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Reconciling to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct in our accounting software and CRM application
- Applying customer payments to appropriate accounts
- Reconciling vendor statements and addressing any outstanding issues on account
- Maintain and manage vendor (1099/W9/W8) files and respond to inquiries
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager and/or CFO with general office or administrative tasks as directed
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related area
- One year of experience in an Accounting function
- Working knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Exceptional time management and verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with basic Accounting principles
- Communicates effectively, builds positive working relationships, displays exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders, proactive orientation and ownership of assigned responsibilities, able to maintain confidentiality
Pharmerit International (Pharmerit) is a leading health care research consultancy with offices in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), York, Oxford (UK), Berlin (Germany), Bethesda, Boston, New York (US), Shanghai (China) and Mumbai (India). Across our Centers of Excellence, Strategic Market Access, Modelling and Meta-Analysis, Patient Centered Outcomes, and Real-World Evidence/Data Analytics we provide services tolocal, national, and international decision makers involved in the delivery and financing of health care. Pharmerit enjoys a collegial and collaborative culture focused on delivering exceptional results. This is reflected in our commitment to individual responsibility and professional development in a dynamic, global organization. Our open working environment encourages peer-learning and knowledge sharing to further enhance the skills and expertise of all our team members.
To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to CareersUS@pharmerit.com with Accounting Assistant in the subject line. Pharmerit provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.